We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our large and diverse team.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conducting material take off’s of permanent materials necessary for the work involved
- Reviewing and approving shop drawings developed for the casting operations
- Developing the records required for the projects including the Stressing calculations, Inspection and Test Plans and test results for each element
- Liaising with the clients to ensure the QA records, management plans documents are submitted, and hold points are released as specified
- Co-ordination of the works with the Foreman and Construction Manager to ensure program targets are achieved
- Programming and the management of the pours to meet product specification;
- Pre-pour, In-Production and Post-Pour inspections for each of the pours and cast items.
In order to be successful for this role you must possess the following:
- Civil Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years experience in precast concrete, preferably bridge construction
- “Hands On” approach will be required
- Plan reading, survey understanding and set out experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A level of urgency and have the ability to think on their feet.
- Ability to prioritise and plan activities with an understanding that operational requirements are the priority
- Ability to liaise and engage with the workforce